Monday, October 02, 2006

NPR

Our NPR station here sucks - they have news until 9am followed by a whole day of New Age World Music. The signal is crap - coming in and out as we drive around. When I got my new car I was excited to finally get XM radio to actually get an NPR station. Wrong-o!

XMPR is almost as crappy. They play the Bob Edwards show from 8-9 am and then replay if from 9-10, 10-11 and then again at 8 at night. On a drive back to Denver Mark and I were lucky enough to catch it twice (yes, we changed to top 20 on 20 - at least when songs are replayed it gives me an opportunity to learn the lyrics and look totally up on Hot Music).

I decided to tell XMPR what I though about its line up not expecting a response - but an hour later sure enough Scott Walterman wrote back to say that they were looking into other programming. I suggested programs like Forum, Talk of the Nation and Fresh Aire (I really can't stand Terri Gross but I can't stop listening - the guests are pretty good, she chafes!) - Mr. Walterman informed me that those programs were under contract and we could never have access. He also informed me that there would be a riot (actually his words were a huge outcry) if they stopped repeating the bob edwards show because people in every time zone must listen to it at 8 am THEIR time. CRAP I say. I wish the MDX came with Sirius Radio so I could listen to KQED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home