Crenshaw the tattle tale
During the day, I leave the sliding glass door to outside open a bit so that Cricket, Crenshaw and Lola can come in and out on their own. The cat's are supposed to stay in the yard and for the most part they do. Even though Cricket is skiddish - some days she becomes Mrs.Brave-pants and decides to head out on her own. I once caught her in the middle of the fairway. When the cats are caught on the fence or outside the fence everyone has to come inside.
For the past few months Crenshaw has become the policeman - when he comes in and cries this means Cricket is on the fence (bad girl cricket).
I go out with a squirt bottle, Lola runs after hoping to help, I squirt cricket, she jumps down from the fence (now a bit scared), runs inside while Lola chases and just before she gets to the door she turns around and waps Lola across the face for good measure. Crenshaw gets to stay outside.
I can't tell if Crenshaw is:
a. worried that Cricket might be in danger or run away
b. telling on Cricket so that he can keep his outdoor priveledges
c. telling on cricket so that he can see Lola get a slap in the face
Sadly, while I hope for A or B, I am pretty sure its C.

1 Comments:
My highly intelligent grand-kitten just loves the netertainment of it all. It's fun to mix it up and then observe. He's a clever one!
Post a Comment
<< Home