Friday, January 12, 2007

Bend it like Beckham...

My 30 minutes of news on the today show told me that David Beckham is coming to play for the LA Galaxy "futbol" team. Yes they enticed him here with $250 million dollars, but this could really make or break the U.S. Soccer Scene. puhleeez.

Mark and I watched the world cup this year - root-toot-tooting for england team and I was so enamored with beckham. I was even tempted to put him on my top five... until I heard him speak!

What no beautiful british (I love the british) eloquence?! Sadly when I asked mark about it - he snobbily said it was a "working class" accent.

Hopefully we can keep his US visit to photos only - and I can imagine him speaking more like hugh grant.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Funny accent or not, he is not only on my top five, he's number one on my top five!

www.flickr.com/photos/olivepress/3467180/

I already told Scott that I would become a season ticket holder for LA Galaxy soccer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home