Day 5
I had my transfer yesterday (Day 5 transfer) - all 8 of my eggs became blastocysts. Mark was in California so my mom swooped in from Montana to play nurse to me - actually to wait on my hand and foot while on bed rest.
I had my first accupuncture session 25 minutes before the transfer - Dr. Schoolcraft, the main physician has started offering accupuncture in the hospital before and after each transfer. They are following the techniques from a study that was performed in Geramny at the Christian Lauritzen Institute that had some great success. I was pretty nervous - the needles don't hurt at all, but it was clear that I had some bunched up energy and was feeling a bit electric in my tummy and my hands.
After the treatment, they let my mom come back and hang out with me and let her stay for the rest of the procedure. The Embryologist brought my eggs in an incubator and gave my mom a chance to take a peak for herself (she was honored). Of my 8 embryos I had 2 supa-stars - I decided to only transfer one and freeze the rest. I also started my Journal for the Ferring Study and the side effects of the progesterone supplement (which I see none - YAY).
Bed rest is boring - my mom is very strict about me doing much (no ab movement). But she let me watch "The Prince and Me" and she brought new comfy jammies and some ever fabulous Chocolate Twizzlers (I know you are all jealous)! My computer is on my lap giving me 3rd degree burns as it heats up.
All went well - I am looking for an "up" or "down" vote on Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home