Wednesday, December 07, 2005

When Mark is away

Mark has been traveling back to California a lot lately giving me plenty of time to see how I would have lived if I didn't get married. I realize that Mark does a lot of chores - each morning he gets up, takes the dog out and makes me tea. He put the tea next to my bed and then opens the blinds to give me a natural wake up…

Just FYI, I have a horrible time waking up in the morning, so the easy wake up is both to my benefit and to the rest of the worlds benefit.

Most nights he makes a real dinner and we split bedtime chores with the animals. He pays the bills and does the grocery shopping and even gets the mail.

My life changes when Mark is gone…

I have to set an alarm to wake up (yuck) and find warm clothes to put on to take the dog out. Then I usually heat up a cup of coffee that I made the day before - I don't make a good cup of tea, so I just stay away from it.

For breakfast I had a "Special K" bar and then at 9:30 I made some Tomato soup. I didn't go for a walk either. At lunch time I started eating dried egg noodles (yes, this is a weird mandy favorite) and I gave Lola a few (illegal in this house). For a snack I had some Orange Jell-o and I worked until about 9:00pm. I finally went downstairs and heated up a can of green beans for dinner with some canned apricot halves and of course a glass of my favorite sack wine.

I did do all of the bed time chores and then headed to bed with my Mac Laptop. I fell asleep with the TV on, my laptop next to my head and the cats. The cats were pretty wild in the night so I didn't sleep that well - and then about 4:30a.m. I heard one of the cats dry heaving. I sat up just in time to see Crenshaw be sick on my laptop (thankfully it was closed). I was actually happy that he hit the laptop surface and not the duvet cover it was a quick clean up. Finally back to sleep only to be jarred out of bed by the damn alarm at 6:30 a.m.

Turns out I could survive quite happily in a bomb shelter - I loved canned and dried foods!

I can't wait for Mark to come home!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home